A Modern Woman's Tips to Packing an Overnight Bag
Saturday, February 25, 2017 • 2 comments
If there is one thing I know about, it's a lengthy beauty regime. But instead of being ashamed, I wear my routine with pride. Pride with the result and proud of myself. What I am not proud of, however, is how difficult it can be to pack it all into an overnight bag to travel.
Thanks for a large amount of travel, however, I have learned a few tips and tricks which I'm going to share below with you. Hopefully these will open up more travel options for you, as they did for me.
01. The first tip comes in the form of measurements. 22" x 14" x 9". If your overnight bag is smaller than this, then you are losing valuable storage space. If your current bag is smaller, your first stop is the mall.
02. While you are at the mall, pick up some small clear containers which you can use to squeeze small amounts of your beauty routine into. Don't forget to buy ones with space for a label.
03. If you booked your hotel through the Groupon Coupons page for Hilton, then your room likely comes with the essentials. Speak with the hotel before to see what items you don't need to pack.
04. Take your clothes, fold them into a rectangle, and then roll them up. Not only does this keep wrinkles out of your clothes but it also saves you a ton of space.
05. You don't need more than two pairs of shoes to travel. That's a sentence you don't want to hear, but it's true. Wear a comfortable pair on the plane and pack your fancy pair into your overnight bag.
06. Leave your laptop behind. Not only does it and its charger weigh a good amount, but you are likely to solely use your cell phone for entertainment and catching up on social media and the news.
07. When it comes time to pack your clothes, give it the three use rule. If you can't think of three times where you will wear the item then it doesn't get packed.
When it comes to travel, beauty is often left behind at home. However, with these easy tips you can be sure that your holiday selfies will show the best you possible.